Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Lark

The Lark, Leico Records

What's this? Sprained ankle? The Bride Of Frankenstein carrying her hapless groom  across the threshold?
I want a job with this art department

Just in time for Halloween- a truly grotesque album cover. Bilious green hues contrasting with persimmon orange. The wafer-thin sleeve, protected by filmy plastic, houses an eye- catching red disc, punctuated by a blue label.

The only English words to be found are: "The Lark", "Leico" and "Stereo". I suppose I should spin the platter some day. Meanwhile, I'll just feast my eyes on this stylistic mash-up, reminiscent of the Xerox-art album covers and "zines" from the late 1970'-early 80's of the punk- new wave era.

The primary image suggests a slap stick musical comedy involving male humiliation- but that's just my guess. Can anyone help me out with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment